Thanksgiving is this week. Let me pause right here and give thanks to the many of you who have responded to the previous posting by completing the survey here on our site and also taking the time to make your own comments. Your response has served to reinforce the enormity of the need for CPR.
Ive had many conversations in the past three weeks via email and phone with pastors in many places around the US and around the world. Ive communicated with pastors from upstate NY, New Jersey, Michigan, Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Colorado, Arizona, California and more. Ive exchanged emails with pastors in Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, South Africa, Malaysia, Indonesia, Germany, France, England, and Canada.
Here is what I have learned that pastors from all around the world have in common: they ALL need a safe place to share their hurts, habits, and hang-ups! They need it and they yearn for it and many are desperate for it. They need a safe place to share common struggles without fear of condemnation. They need a group of fellow-strugglers who can walk with them on a journey toward healing. They need support that fellow pastors can provide. I have also continued to learn that it is not only the pastor who needs it, but the pastors spouse. Many spouses carry even greater burdens as well as a sense of alienation and loneliness.
If you are reading this, will you continue to pass the word that CPR is a means of help. Its not the only means, but its one of the best. Encourage your network of fellow ministers to complete the survey you find at this site- its simple and only takes about a minute.
I am thankful for YOU!
CPR | Celebrating Pastors in Recovery
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. James 5:16
- RT @JohnBakerCR: Over 800 courageous individuals attending the 1st Celebrate Recovery seminar of 2017! Hello Northern CA. https://t.co/4F4Q… | 3 months ago
- Thank you for your heart for pastors, David and Barna Group! #StateOfPastors | 3 months ago
- RT @MattDickerson: Go experience #HacksawRidge this week and see why critics and audiences alike are calling it one of this year's top movi… | 5 months ago
- 😃😜😃😜👍👍👍 | 5 months ago
- Sentry... 😃 | 5 months ago
- Incredible night of worship and prayer this past Wed w Antioch church! Looking forward to incredible morning of wor… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… | 7 months ago